The Romford Pele Betting
The Romford Pele is a nine-year-old horse trained by Rebecca Curtis who is set to run in the 2016 Crabbie's Grand National for the first time on April 9, but he will need to improve on his mid-division over hurdles in the Coral Cup at last month's Cheltenham Festival.
- 16th March 2016 - Cheltenham - Coral Cup - 2m, 5f - 8th
- 30th January 2016 - Cheltenham - Cleeve Hurdle - 2m, 7f - 3rd
- 11th December 2015 - Cheltenham - Ryman Stationery Handicap Chase - 3m, 2f - Fell
- 14th November 2015 - Cheltenham - Murphy Group Handicap Chase - 3m, 3f - 7th
- 10th October 2015 - Chepstow - Get Social With Facebook Handicap Chase - 2m, 75 - 7th
Rebecca Curtis's The Romford Pele started his season at Chepstow in mid-October where he was a seventh-placed finish in a competitive handicap chase, while he was next seen at Cheltenham a month later finishing seventh again in the Murphy Group Handicap Chase, before a return to Prestbury Park in December saw him fall in the Ryman Stationery Handicap Chase.
His final two starts of the season have been over hurdles and he put up a creditable effort to finish third in the Cleeve Hurdle at Cheltenham, whilst he wasn't disgraced when eighth in a competitive Coral Cup at the Cheltenham Festival, but he will now return to the chasing sphere to have a crack at the Grand National.
|1-77F38||The Romford Pele||9||145||10-4||R Curtis||T Whelan||-||-||40/1|
VERDICT: An interesting runner at the bottom of the weights, but his tendency to put in a couple of poor jumps could hinder his chances, and he's not one to get too excited about in this year's race.
- Sign up to Bet365
- Best price on every horse…