Soll is an 11-year-old horse trained by David Pipe who is having his third crack at the Crabbie's Grand National at Aintree on April 9, but he is significantly higher in the handicap than he was when finishing ninth last season, so it's going to be a stiff task to improve on that finish in 2016.
- 18th February 2016 - Kelso - Ivan Straker Memorial Chase - 3m, 2f - 3rd
- 2nd January 2016 - Sandown Park - 32Red Veterans' Handicap Chase - 3m - 1st
- 5th December 2015 - Aintree - Becher Chase - 3m, 1f - 4th
- 14th November 2015 - Cheltenham - Murphy Group Handicap Chase - 3m, 3f - 16th
Soll was a creditable ninth in the 2015 Grand National, but the David Pipe-trained raider will face a much stiffer task in the 2016 renewal as he will have to defy a significantly higher mark on April 9, and could well find things tough on a course he relishes.
Down the field on his comeback run in mid-November at Cheltenham, he then returned to Aintree where he was a decent fourth in the Becher Chase, whilst he notched up his sole success of the season in a veterans race at Sandown Park, but his last run saw him well beaten by Unioniste, and he will need a career best to play a part in the 2016 Grand National
|19-0413||Soll||11||152||10-11||D Pipe||C O'Farrell||2||7th in '13||50/1|
VERDICT: Twice beaten in the Grand National, Soll has launched up the ratings in the last year, so it's going to be hard for him to land any sort of blow off a much higher mark in this year's race, so has to be avoided.
- Sign up to Bet365
- Best price on every horse…