Saphir Du Rheu Betting
Saphir Du Rheu is an eight-year-old trained by Paul Nicholls, who was a Grade One-winning novice chaser and was last seen running a huge race in the 2017 Timico Cheltenham Gold Cup, and will now be aiming to build on that effort by sparkling in the Grand National, which takes place at Aintree on April 8.
- 17th March 2017 - Cheltenham - Cheltenham Gold Cup - 3m 2f 70y - 5th
- 16th February 2017 - Kelso - Ivan Straker Memorial Chase - 2m 7f 96y - 1st
- 28th January 2017 - Cheltenham - Hugo's Restaurant Barbados Trophy - 2m 4f 166y - 2nd
- 26th November 2016 - Newbury - Hennessy Gold Cup - 3m 1f 214y - Fell
- 29th October 2016 - Ascot - Sodexo Gold Cup - 2m 7f 180y - 3rd
|3F215||Saphir Du Rheu||8||156||11-5||Paul Nicholls||Sam Twiston-Davies||-||-||20/1|
VERDICT: A real class act on his day, but Saphir Du Rheu has often struggled at the highest level, and jumping frailties could see him struggle to land a blow at his first crack at the Grand National.