Rocky Creek Betting
Rocky Creek will line up in the Grand National once again for for trainer Paul Nicholls, who won the Aintree showpiece for the very first time with Neptune Collonges in 2012. Nicholls has several entries in the race and despite finishing fifth two years ago, the horse doesn't appear to offer a serious threat in 2016.
- 27th Feb 2016 - Kempton Park - BetBright Chase - 3m - 10th
- 13th Feb 2016 - Newbury - Denman Chase - 2m 7 1/2f - 4th
- 5th Dec 2015 - Aintree - Grand Sefton Handicap Chase - 2m 5f - PU
- 31st Oct 2015 - Down Royal - JnWine.com Champion Chase - 2nd
Rocky Creek put up a fine effort when finishing fifth behind Pineau De Re in the 2014 Grand National but the Paul Nicholls-trained raider was well beaten in last year's renewal finishing 17th when sent off an 8/1 chance.
Now ten he'll run off the same mark in 2016 but it's difficult to see how he can improve enough to land a blow here, and having had an indifferent season this year then it's going to be hard for him to play a huge role in the 2016 renewal.
|P-2P40||Rocky Creek||10||154||10-13||P Nicholls||A Thornton||2||5th (2014)||66/1|
VERDICT: Not showing the same level of form that saw him finish fifth in this race two years ago and difficult to put in a strong word for him in 2016.
- Deposit and place a initial bet of £10