On His Own Betting
On His Own is having his third crack at the Crabbie's Grand National at Aintree on April 9, and having fallen in the 2013 and 2014 races the Willie Mullins-trained veteran will be hoping for a clear round in the 2016 renewal, but he will be a huge outsider for the showpiece event
- 18th March 2016 - Cheltenham - Cheltenham Gold Cup - 3m, 2f - 8th
- 20th February 2016 - Fairyhouse - Bobbyjo Chase - 3m, 1f - 2nd
- 6th February 2016 - Leopardstown - Irish Gold Cup - 3m - 8th
- 28th December 2015 - Leopardstown - Lexus Chase - 3m - 4th
- 11th December 2015 - Cheltenham - Glenfarclas Cross Country Chase - 3m, 4f - Fell
- 14th November 2015 - Punchestown - Risk Of Thunder Chase - 3m - 7th
On His Own is in the twilight of his career, but Willie Mullins has elected to send this former Cheltenham Gold Cup runner-up to Aintree for his third tilt at the Crabbie's Grand National on April 9, but connections will be hoping for a more positive result as he has fallen on his previous two attempts at the race.
He kicked off the season with a seventh placed finish in the Risk Of Thunder Chase, before falling over the Cross Country obstacles at Cheltenham in December, but his season highlights came when fourth in the Lexus Chase over Christmas and a fine second place finish in the Bobbyjo Chase in February.
However, he was completely outclassed when eighth of nine in the Cheltenham Gold Cup last month, and now at the age of 12 years old it's hard to see him being able to land a blow off his current mark, so that's why he is a huge price in what is a race oozing quality throughout.
|7F4828||On His Own||12||156||11-1||W Mullins||Mr P Mullins||2||Fell '13, '14||66/1|
VERDICT: Twice a faller in this race, On His Own is not at the same level as he was a few seasons ago, so it's going to be an uphill task even if he does complete on his third crack at the race. One to ignore.
- Deposit and place an initial bet of between £10…