Grand National Ladies Day
A 50,000 plus crowd will congregate at the Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool on the second day of the three day meeting and at least half of them will be of the fairer sex. Yes Friday 4th April is of course Grand National Ladies Day which the girls of Liverpool have been celebrating for years now and in the process have created a unique and extremely popular day in the annual racing calendar.
The most famous Racecourse Ladies Day is held at Royal Ascot in June, but the Aintree version at the Grand national meeting is equally as colourful but which for most it is a lot less stuffy and a lot more fun.
Fashion Gurus and fashion houses galore descend on Ladies Day at Aintree looking to be associated with what has become an effective launching pad for the Spring fashions. So committed is the fashion industry these days that over Â£35,000 was put up last year on Freebies, which included a car for one lucky winner and a luxury holiday in the West Indies for another.
Ladies Day is a great day for admiring the dress sense and sometimes the lack of dress sense, all within a rich atmosphere only made possible by the great humour and culture of the Throng of Liver Birds who certainly know how to put the fun into racing.
2015 Grand National Winner Poll
Latest Racing News
- Arctic Fire Should Be On A Different Level In Hattons Grace Hurdle
- Long Dog to edge past stablemate Bachasson in Royal Bond Novice Hurdle
- Outlander tipped to land Drinmore Novice Chase win at Fairyhouse
- Identity Thief Can Steal A Place In Fighting Fifth Hurdle Betting
- Whisper to down Cole Harden in Long Distance Hurdle at Newbury
- Well Handicapped Fingal Bay Can Run A Big Race In Hennessy Gold Cup