Grand National Ladies Day
A 50,000 plus crowd will congregate at the Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool on the second day of the three day meeting and at least half of them will be of the fairer sex. Yes Friday 4th April is of course Grand National Ladies Day which the girls of Liverpool have been celebrating for years now and in the process have created a unique and extremely popular day in the annual racing calendar.
The most famous Racecourse Ladies Day is held at Royal Ascot in June, but the Aintree version at the Grand national meeting is equally as colourful but which for most it is a lot less stuffy and a lot more fun.
Fashion Gurus and fashion houses galore descend on Ladies Day at Aintree looking to be associated with what has become an effective launching pad for the Spring fashions. So committed is the fashion industry these days that over Â£35,000 was put up last year on Freebies, which included a car for one lucky winner and a luxury holiday in the West Indies for another.
Ladies Day is a great day for admiring the dress sense and sometimes the lack of dress sense, all within a rich atmosphere only made possible by the great humour and culture of the throng of Liver Birds who certainly know how to put the fun into racing.
2016 Grand National Winner Poll
Latest Racing News
- Seventh Heaven To Storm To Fillies And Mares Glory On Champions Day
- Quiet Reflection Is Favourite For Champions Sprint Stakes At Ascot
- Minding To Get The Better Of Ribchester In Queen Elizabeth II Stakes Betting
- Sheikhzayedroad Tipped To Cause Long Distance Cup Shock On British Champions Day
- Fantastic Filly Found Fancied To Claim Champion Stakes Glory At Ascot